Date:      Wed, 17 Oct 2001 16:06:26 -0400
From:      "Ritchie, John" <jritchie@panasas.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Accessing Memory In User Mode...

Hello,
	Does anyone have any C/C++ code that can determine 1) actual
physical memory in an x86 system and 2) the start and stop memory
address of the kernel.  I have taken a look at the linux utility
MemTest86 but have not been able to figure out what I need from it
and the fact that I need the program to run from the hard drive not
from a dedicated floppy device.  Any and all help will be greatly
appreciated!!
Thanks,
J.Ritchie
p.s.  You can also respond to jritchie777@yahoo.com