Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 1998 20:57:14 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Louie <louie@sunra.csci.unt.edu>
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Libretto 70CT problems

In message <199801240245.UAA06131@sunra.csci.unt.edu> Louie writes:
: This turned out to be a cable problem.  I put a RS232 mini-tester
: (breakout box with lights) on it and saw CD was missing.  With a
: different cable the defualt serial setup works fine.

OK.  Maybe that was my problem too.  I couldn't connect it to a modem
with the universal serial cable I've been using for years.  :-(.

: FreeBSD sees two serial ports on my 70CT:
:
: sio0 at 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 on isa
: sio0: type 16550A
: sio1 at 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on isa
: sio1: type 16550A

Likewise.

: I assume sio1 is the IrDA port.  If I could find an inexpesive IrDA
: adapter for my PC it might be fun to what I could get to work.

I've seen them everywhere for $40-$50.  Check out www.corpsys.com for
one of those places.

Warner