Date:      Sat, 22 Apr 2000 20:30:24 +0530
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        cgoz@usa.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: linux-netscape6 crashes

> When I try to run linux-netscape6 on 3.4-Stable, it dumps core with the
> following mesage:
>
> .//run-mozilla.sh ./mozilla-bin
> MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/local/lib/linux-netscape6
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/linux-netscape6:/usr/local/lib/linux-netscape6/Co
>
> ol
>       XPCS_HOME=/usr/local/lib/linux-netscape6/Cool
>       MOZ_PROGRAM=./mozilla-bin
>       MOZ_TOOLKIT=
>         moz_debug=0
>      moz_debugger=
> *** QfaServices is being registered
> Floating point exception - core dumped

This came up 3 or 4 days ago.  Someone pointed out that FreeBSD 4.0
masks floating point exceptions, but 3.x doesn't. You can change that
by editing /usr/src/sys/i386/include/npx.h and changing a couple
of fairly obvious definitions, and recompiling kernel/rebooting.
That worked for me.
Check the mail archives of the last week or so.

Rahul.