Date:      Fri, 21 May 1999 16:47:56 +0900 (JST)
From:      hosokawa@itc.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
To:        imp@harmony.village.org
Cc:        graham@a2a00266.ok.bconnected.net, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, hosokawa@itc.keio.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: APM interface

In article <199905210713.BAA10563@harmony.village.org>
imp@harmony.village.org writes:

>> The question is not pointless.  You recollection of the ACPI spec is
>> correct.  I'm not sure what the best way to produce a working
>> framework would be, but it is in many ways "like" USB or SCSI.  There
>> are many different kinds of things that can pass through the ACPI
>> layer, and some rational thought needs to be given to that layer so
>> that the full potential of ACPI can be realized.

Thank you.  I understand.

I have a hardcopy of ACPI spec and it would be tenS times as heavy as
APM spec.  ACPI is very large and complex system.  When I wrote APM
driver of FreeBSD, I wrote "get version" request function at first,
but I felt that I have no idea how I start playing with this monster
when I looked at ACPI spec first.

BTW, I read ACPI4Linux page
(http://phobos.fachschaften.tu-muenchen.de/acpi/index.html.en) and I
found that they're not at far away.