Date:      Thu, 11 Jun 2015 11:33:03 +0800
From:      "Euan Thoms" <euan@potensol.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   =?utf-8?q?New_port_with_USES=3Dgmake_will_not_stage?=

I'm making a port for OpenSIPS. It builds successfully, but the even wi=
th just "make" it installs files to the system instead of to stage (i.e=
. to /usr/local/... instead of /usr/ports/net/opensips/work/stage/usr/l=
ocal/...).

I am using gmake and gcc since that's what's required for OpenSIPS.

I've done a similar port before and the FreeBSD ports macros do the sta=
ging for me. However, even when I tell gmake the DESTDIR=3D${STAGEDIR} =
in do-build and do-install, a "make" just installs the files to /usr/lo=
cal/... .

I can't find any documentation on how to ensure building uses staging. =
OpenSIPS doesn't have a configure script AFAIK. It has it's own menucon=
fig which normally generates a Makefile.conf. The only thing useful in =
there is PREFIX=3D , but that is to specify the final destination paths=
 (also used in linking I guess). My port passes the compile flags in MA=
KE=5FARGS instead of using a Makefile.conf file.

--
Regards, Euan Thoms