Date:      Mon, 3 Dec 2001 23:58:52 -0600 (CST)
From:      Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
To:        "Chutima S." <chutima@onebox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG, chutima@infoquest.co.th
Subject:   Re: How to manage multiple Inetnet link with FreeBSD box.

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Chutima S. wrote:

> Dear all
>
> As now I have two Internet link and FreeBSD-3.4 as a Firewall for our
> servers.  (Please see below with sample IP addresses)
>

>                  ISP1         dialup account to ISP2
>                   |                  |
>                --------           ---------
>               | Router |         | WebRamp |
>               |        |         |         |
>                --------           ---------
>                   |                   |
>        |             (Internet 203.154.98.184/29)
>    ----------
>   | FBSD3.4  |
>   | Firewall |
>    ----------
>        |             (DMZ 203.154.98.0/25)
>       |               |                        |
>       |           ---------               ------------
>       |          | Mail    |             | Web Server |
>       |          | Server  |             |            |
>       |           ---------               ------------
>   ----------
>  | FBSD3.4  |
>  | Proxy    |
>   ----------
>       |              (Inhouse network 192.168.10.0/24)
>

> I have a problem when config default route at Firewall to WebRamp.
> People can not connect to our mail or web servers.

	Assuming you are not doing anything besides what you desribed,
	ISP2 is probably not allowing traffic from your assigned IP space.
	That is, ISP2 is not allowing traffic with a source address
	assigned from ISP1...which all your servers have.

	Another possiblility is that you are being filtered elsewhere.

> How should I do to let them work together?  (gated or routed???)

	It depends if you are trying to achieve redundancy with these 2
	providers. if so, you will need to run BGP.

	And another thing, questions like this should goto
	freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, not this list.

Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
 - Keep on Routing in a Free World...
  "FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!"