Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 1996 11:09:10 PST
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        Petri Helenius <pete@sms.fi>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xdm runnign twice? possible?

In message <199603162148.XAA00403@silver.sms.fi>you write:
>Daniel Baker writes:
> > Hey, is it possible to have xdm running twice?
>
>Since the mouse driver is not virtualized enough to support multiple
>users at a time, the answer is no.

I used to run X multiple times -- but not xdm.  If I tried running xdm on
multiple different TTY's, the system would hang, for an unknown reason.  If,
however, person A logged in and said "xinit" and person B logged in and said
"xinit -- :1", life was wonderful.

I guess I just got lucky with the mouse.  Can't say that I know why it worked,
just that it did and I was happy.  "his" and "hers" X sessions.  =)

  Bill