Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2002 00:40:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      david lubowa <ziggydavie@yahoo.com>
To:        Jay Austad <austad@marketwatch.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: multiple interfaces and ipfw

--0-1917439170-1010652020=:59424

 Well this is what i think would work ( i stand to be corrected) it's all down to your firewall
you could deny any traffic/services/ports to any service on your 3rd interface in your firewall rules and allow what traffic/services/ports on the rest of the interfaces ..IIRC you have somewhere in ipfw where you specify your interfaces. This is a terse explanation so i hope it makes sense
my 2 cents :)
ciao
  Jay Austad <austad@marketwatch.com> wrote: I have a freebsd router that has 3 interfaces. I want to route traffic
between only 2 of the interfaces, and block all traffic coming in on
third interface except for a few protocols. I'm not doing NAT. How
would I go about this?

Jay

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail.
--0-1917439170-1010652020=:59424

<P> Well this is what i think would work ( i stand to be corrected) it's all down to your firewall
<P>you could deny any traffic/services/ports to any service on your 3rd interface in your firewall rules and allow what traffic/services/ports on the rest of the interfaces ..IIRC you have somewhere in ipfw where you specify your interfaces. This is a terse explanation so i hope it makes sense
<P>my 2 cents :)
<P>ciao
<P>&nbsp; <B><I>Jay Austad &lt;<A href="mailto:austad@marketwatch.com">austad@marketwatch.com</A>&gt;</I></B> wrote:
Send FREE <a href="http://rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/tag/?http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/">video</a>; emails in <a href="http://rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/tag/?http://mail.yahoo.com/">Yahoo! Mail</a>.