Date:      Tue, 2 Jul 2013 08:40:57 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        tak.official@gmail.com
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: any way to stop boot2 from waiting for keypress at system startup

On Tue, 2 Jul 2013 11:05:22 +0430, takCoder wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> i wanna stop boot2 from getting a input string to change default boot
> point.. is there any way around, other than changing boot2.c source code to
> disable this feature??
>
> As you may know, on system-startup, if you press any key, you will see the
> following prompt, waiting for you to enter related string:
> FreeBSD/x86 boot
> Default: 0:ad(0,a)
> boot:
>
> I checked it and found out that i can change boot2.c file to disable this
> section.. but I'd rather find another way.. Would you please let me know
> whether there are any other ways to do so?

Without having checked it, but is this what you are searching for?

In /boot/loader.conf:

	autoboot_delay="-1"

>From /boot/defaults/loader.conf:

	Delay in seconds before autobooting,
	set to -1 if you don't want user to be
	allowed to interrupt autoboot process and
	escape to the loader prompt, set to
	"NO" to disable autobooting

I'm using autoboot_delay="1" to limit the time which the system
is waiting before continuing the boot process.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany