Date:      Sat, 19 Sep 1998 05:52:31 -0400
From:      RPD <spam@distance.net>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   is NATD / IPFW broke?

stable,

I cvsuped Sep 18 and noticed that natd was not working properly after a
successful make world. I cvsuped again Sep 19 and noticed that luigi
submitted some changes to ip_fw.c after another successful make world. I
am still having no luck with natd. I exec with the -v flag it seems that
the traffic is not being passed on. Last cvsup before today was Aug 18,
maybe I just need to add additional options in my kernel since dummynet
has arrived.

options         IPFIREWALL
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
options         IPDIVERT

# cat /etc/natd.conf
# Configuration file for natd.
log             no
deny_incoming   no
use_sockets     yes
same_ports      yes
port            32000
interface      fxp0
unregistered_only       no

# grep natd /etc/services
natd            32000/divert

# cat /etc/rc.firewall
ipfw add 01000 divert 32000 ip from any to any via fxp0
ipfw add 02000 pass all from any to any

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
RPD <D.C.>