Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 2004 19:40:00 +0100
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB scanner not attached when connected after system startup]

--IJpNTDwzlM2Ie8A6

On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 04:49:05PM +0100, Harald Weis wrote:
> My scanner (EPSON PERFECTION 1650) is working alright if it is
> connected before system startup.  But when connected to the running
> system it doesn't get attached by usbd. I can't find out from
> Handbook, manpages or mailing lists what could be the reason.
> =20
> Many thanks in advance for any help.

Could you upgrade to 5.3? I've got a 1650 that works perfectly on
5.3-RELEASE on amd64. (BTW, 5.3 uses devfs).

Roland
--=20
R.F. Smith                           /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
r s m i t h @ x s 4 a l l . n l      \ /    No HTML/RTF in email
http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/         X     No Word docs in email
                                     / \    Respect for open standards

--IJpNTDwzlM2Ie8A6