Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2001 21:57:38 -0800
From:      "Ryan" <cadaques23@earthlink.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   SoundCardConfiguration(SoundBlaster16)???

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C18358.03BA8280

Hello all!=20

    I am new not only to FreeBSD, but computers in general. I thought I =
might as well start out with BSD vs. Windows or Linux. Anyway, please =
keep my extreme newbieness=3D0) in mind.
    Problem--I have an old 233Mhz running 4.4R and I'm trying to get my =
sound card to work. The card is an (isa) Sound Blaster 16 Value PnP OEM. =
I have read and followed the sections in the Handbook on sound, and the =
link to rebuilding the kernel as well as a paper on "Configuring Your =
SoundBlaster in FreeBSD" but try as I might I can't get the blasted =
thing to work. Does anyone have any tips? Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open =
it and remove all doubt.... (Wise Sage)

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C18358.03BA8280

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello all! </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I am new not only to =
FreeBSD,=20
but computers in general. I thought I might as well start out with BSD =
vs.=20
Windows or Linux. Anyway, please keep my extreme newbieness=3D0) in=20
mind.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Problem--</FONT><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>I have an old 233Mhz running 4.4R and I'm trying to get my =
sound card to=20
work. The card is an (isa) Sound Blaster 16 Value PnP OEM. I have read =
and=20
followed the sections in the Handbook on sound, and the link to =
rebuilding the=20
kernel as well as a paper on "Configuring Your SoundBlaster in FreeBSD" =
but try=20
as I might I can't get the blasted thing to work. Does anyone have any =
tips? Any=20
help appreciated.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>It's better to keep your mouth shut and =
be thought=20
a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.... (Wise=20
Sage)</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C18358.03BA8280--