Date:      Wed, 17 Oct 2001 20:38:42
From:      "Geoff Ludwiczak" <ludwicza@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sound card problem (CMI8330)

Hey,

I'm having some trouble getting my sound card to work properly in
4.4-RELEASE.

~$ dmesg | grep pcm
pcm0: <CMI8330> at port 0x530-0x537,0x388-0x38f irq 11 drq 0 on isa0
~$

The card is supposed to be PNP/ISA, it's onboard, I've tried different kinds
of configurations in the kernel, i've used

options PNPBIOS
device pcm
device sbc

i've also tried taking out PNPBIOS, tried replacing the sbc line with

device sbc0  at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15

Whenever I try playing mp3's, I get a bold kernel message saying

pcm0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead

If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it, thanks!