Date:      Tue, 16 May 2000 15:15:40 -0400
From:      George Uhl <uhl@mamba.gsfc.nasa.gov>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   newpcm support for CS423x MODE3

I have a Dell Precision 210 with a built-in CS4236B and I
would like to be able to use the mbone audio tools, rat and
vat, using this chipset.  I'm running FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE
and I have applied the Cameron Grant's duplex patch and
Seigo Tanimura's duplex patch and I am able to receive audio.
I cannot however, generate audio using the microphone.

Jose Alcaide noted the problem was enabling MODE3 support
for the CS423x and wrote a patch to remedy this in Luigi's
original pcm (which supported only MODE2) last year.  Are
the newpcm developers planning on supporting MODE3 for
the CS423x?

Thanks,
George