Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 15:57:25 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>, Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Let's nail some things down.

At 11:15 AM -0800 10/28/98, Jason C. Wells wrote:
>We will have two logos. "Works with" and "Designed for". Do we agree?
>
>The test for "Works with" should be a simple "can it run under some sort
>of emulation?" (E.G acroread)
>
>The test for "Designed for" should be "can we build it from source?" or
>"did the developer build FreeBSD native binaries?". (E.G. netscape and
>all source available ports)
>
>Do the above statements seem reasonable? If so, let's set them in stone so
>we can reduce the number of degrees of freedom in this problem and work
>toward a solution.

The above seems reasonable to me.

Just to add a few degrees of freedom though, Jordan was talking about
using new artwork for the next (after 3.0) release of the CD-ROM.
Would we want to see what that will be like before designing these
logos?

(actually he was talking about new artwork for 3.0 release, but
the deadline for artwork was upon us too quickly)

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn           =   gad@eclipse.its.rpi.edu
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute