Date:      Sat, 22 Apr 2000 19:26:45 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Nils Holland <nils@frozenfeelings.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.0 via CVSup and rescuing my system ;-)

I have two questions. But don't despair yet, I think they will be my last
ones...

First, about the great CVSup think I've just learned to use a day ago: I
have FreeBSD-4.3-STABLE, which was 3.4-RELEASE before I updated it with
CVSup. Now, if I wanted to get 4.0-STABLE, is all I have to do running
CVSup and getting RELENG_4 or is there more to do in order to get from
3.4-STABLE to 4.0-STABLE?

Second question: I have messed up a system! In /etc/fstab I have set a
wrong root file system, and I noticed it after I had already
rebooted. Now, how can I create a floppy disk on a working machine with
which I can boot the other machine, so that I can mount the appropriate
partition and edit /etc/fstab. Or, as an alternative, is there some
argument I can set on the *bad* machine while it boots in order to specify
a root-fs different from the one specifies in its /etc/fstab?

Thanks in advance,
Nils
...Let your dreams out of their cages,
Every passion and desire,