Date:      Sat, 03 Jun 2000 01:31:59 -0400
From:      "Sean R. Bittinger" <bittin_s@cc.denison.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Netware???

I have a question that I have been searching for an answer to for some time
now.  My university is on a Novell NetWare network.  We can use the NetWare
Client to access parts of the server allocated to us (for storage, file
transfer, and what not).  Well, I have been looking for a way to access this
through Apple's open source Darwin project (which uses BSD 4.4 just incase
someone doesn't know who could otherwise help).  I was informed that in the
release notes to FreeBSD 4.0 there is mention of support for NWFS:

>Support for the NWFS filesystem and NetWare client connections has
>been added.  A variety of NetWare related tools, such as ipxping
>and ncprint, have been added in ports/net/ncplib.

My question is this, would I be able to get this going on Darwin?  Also, if
so, where can I get (read download) this ability?  If not, what would be
required to run it on Darwin?  Finally, anybody have any other solutions for
my intended purpose (basically, to be able to login and access my NetWare
drive space using Darwin/BSD, and ultimately OS X)?

Thank you for any and all answers,
Rogan

P.S. Please, if you could, respond to my email address
(bittin_s@denison.edu), seeing as I don't subscribe to the list.  Many
thanks in advance.