Date:      Thu, 22 Nov 2001 11:18:42 +0100
From:      sthaug@nethelp.no
To:        francisv@dagupan.com
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Maximum throughput of Intel Pro 100/S NIC?

> The hosts are Pentium III 900Mhz machines with 1GB of memory. How do you
> check the duplex configuration? On the switch? On the Windows NT machine?

On your FreeBSD host, you can check it with the "ifconfig" command. If
you have a managed switch, you should be able to get duplex information
through the management interface. If you have an unmanaged switch, you
*may* still have LEDs which indicate duplex - otherwise you're out of
luck. I have no idea how you do it on the NT machine.

By the way, this is really stuff for freebsd-questions.