Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:52:43 -0600
From:      Jeremy Vandenhouten <jeremy.vandenhouten@marquette.edu>
To:        "G D McKee" <freebsd@gdmckee.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CD-ROM Drive

If you are in the "/cdrom" directory or wherever you have it mounted,
FreeBSD considers you to be actively accessing the drive, so it will
not let you umount it, thinking that you might corrupt the filesystem.
In essence, anytime you or anything on the system is looking at or
accessing it, you cannot umount.