Date:      Sun, 7 Mar 2010 06:42:47 -0600
From:      Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        Dean Hamstead <dean@fragfest.com.au>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: netdisco: new version upstream

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 5:41 AM, Dean Hamstead <dean@fragfest.com.au> wrote:
> Hello ports list,
>
> I see from the ports/netdisco/Makefile that this list is the maintainer
> for the netdisco port. I would like to report that a new version is
> available upstream and request that the be port be updated to support it.

When a port has it's maintainer set to this list, it means no one is
maintaining the port.

Since the port has no maintainer, it needs someone to step up and take
over it's maintainership.

Would you be interested in maintaining the port?

If you accept, then update the port to it's latest version and submit
the diff using either send-pr or the web based send-pr on the
freebsd.org site.  And your wish to become the maintainer.

If you have difficulties updating the port read the Porter's HandBook:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/

If you can't find what you need in there, then ask on this list.

Scot