Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 1998 11:41:38 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Justen Stepka <jstepka@bullfrog.winternet.com>, Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Justen Stepka <jstepka@chaos.winternet.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   AWE64 (was Re: bktr NTSC -> PAL)

Justen Stepka:
 |> If you are using freebsd, check out
 |> http://www.freebsd.org/~ahasty/Bt848.html if not then you have to go
 |> elsewhere for info.
 |
 |Wonderful, got this up and running. Recently I upgraded my soundcard to a
 |Awe64, last I knew this wasn't working with 2.2.5, is this still true?

You should be able to, though not out-of-the-box.

Of course, AWE64s unfortunately are all Plug-n-Pray jobs AFAIK, and there's
no checked-in PnP code in 2.2.5 AFAIK (will be in 2.2.6), so you'll need to
install Luigi's PnP package to get the card initied so the sounds drivers
will use it.  See Conrad's PnP tips for the AWE/SB32 on
http://multiverse.com/~rhh/awedrv for details.  Conrad has a AWE64 BTW.

This'll get you the SB, SB16, and OPL parts of the card working with the
checked-in drivers.

If you then also want to use the EMU-8000 side of the card (wavetable
synth) for cool MIDIs, wavetable Doom music, etc., then install the newer
AWEDRV sound driver linked off the URL above.

Randall