Date:      Thu, 04 Apr 1996 06:47:37 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fdisk questions?

Nate Williams wrote in message ID
<199604040200.TAA15535@rocky.sri.MT.net>:
> I've had this happen twice to me in the last week, and both machines
> were laptops so it may have something to do with that, but this problem
> is driving me crazy.

I saw something similar whilst I was out at W.C. ``Bob'' got himself a
new machine with an IDE hard drive, and ``fips'' refused to reduce the
size of the DOS partition 'cos it's checksum failed when checking the
MBR it read in. Seems it was somehow pulling the MBR from the WRONG
place on the disk. This machine ONLY had Win95 on it.

Anyone see a link? Does Win95 somehow mess up something to do with the
MBR?

Gary