Date:      Mon, 7 May 2001 23:19:53 +0200
From:      Jesper Skriver <jesper@skriver.dk>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        asami@freebsd.org, obrien@freebsd.org, hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: We seriously need a cleanup on ftp-master

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 12:56:04PM -0700, Jordan Hubbard wrote:
> Guys,
>
> During the transition to ftp-master from ftp.freesoftware.com, I've
> been going through our mountain of bits in an effort to clean it up

I would suggest to remove the following from the ftp server too, it's
really better to access the source tree via cvsup, cvsweb, as a .tar.gz
or similar methods, and the thousands of files makes it a pain to mirror.

pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src/
pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-stable/src/
pub/FreeBSD/branches/*/src/
pub/FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS/

Same goes with the ports

pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/ports/
pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-stable/ports/
pub/FreeBSD/branches/*/ports/

And perhaps make a decistion regarding if we should distribute snapshots
from ftp.freebsd.org, or only from current.freebsd.org (and then
transfer the alpha snapshots there instead of ftp-master).

/Jesper

Work:    Network manager   @ AS3292 (Tele Danmark DataNetworks)
Private: FreeBSD committer @ AS2109 (A much smaller network ;-)