Date:      Wed, 04 Dec 2013 10:12:25 +0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BIND chroot environment in 10-RELEASE...gone?

On 12/4/13, 9:05 AM, Mark Andrews wrote:
> As far as I could tell it was a religious issue.

I believe this to be the case, and as with a lot of religious issues,
truth is often "adjusted"
for particular points of view.

> [...]
> As for 9.9.x ESV it will be  support for to at least June 2017, which
 > is 5+ years from BIND 9.9.0, and 4 years after 9.9.x was announced as
 > the ESV series with BIND 9.9.3. BIND 9.6 went ESV in Mar 2010 and
 > will be EoL in Jan 2014. BIND 9.10 in is alpha at the moment. BIND 10
 > is still in development.

So, basically, we were not told the entire story..  We were told that
bind-9 was a dead-end.. if it is not I feel kind of disappointed by
the people
who made the change.  We trust other developers to be honest about these
things as we can't all track all other projects..

It's a pitty that you didn't join the conversation when it was being
discussed.
Some fact injection may have made a difference and saved us some
heartache.