Date:      Sun, 7 Jun 1998 23:33:06 -0300 (EST)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@jonny.eng.br>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   S/Key == MD4 ?

Hi,

  I'm trying to start in the world of S/Key and OTP.  I have configured
my account to use S/Key with keyinit, and it's working perfectly for
login and pop.  But it's working with MD4, and not MD5.  Lurking at
the sources I found that the mdx.h file is pre-configured to MD4, and
not MD5.  Why ?

  Also, I noted that OPIE is installed in the system, but login, etc.
uses libskey.so, and not libopie.so.  Is there any reason for this ?

  The above seems to be true for -stable and -current.

					Jonny

--
Joao Carlos Mendes Luis            M.Sc. Student
jonny@jonny.eng.br                 Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro