Date:      Mon, 17 Apr 2000 00:02:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      FreeBSD Questions <fbsdq@daedalus.wintek.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   need kernel config for soundblaster pro

I've searched the faq, handbook, lists, etc. and all I've
found is conflicting information about the soundblaster
sound drivers.  I'm running FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE.  Should
I use the snd0 driver or the pcm0 driver?  This is a real
soundblaster pro, not a clone or emulation.

From the docs, I've tried the snd0:

controller     snd0
device         sb0     at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 vector sbintr
device         opl0    at isa? port 0x388

and pcm0:

device pcm0 at isa? port 0x220 tty irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x0

I've tried kernels with both drivers and all I get is static
when playing wav files.  Dmesg recognizes the sb pro, but
something still isn't right.

Can someone send me the exact config to add to my kernel?

Thanks in advance.