Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 2002 23:00:53 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
To:        Carolyn Longfoot <c_longfoot@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NAT/DNS/WEB

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Carolyn Longfoot wrote:

> It's been a while since I last looked at this and I just discovered
> that it's possible to put a fully qualified system name into
> natd.conf, as in redirect_port tcp www.mydomain.com:80 80
>
> However, with www just being a CNAME, when the entry is changed in
> DNS, natd does not notice as it does not seem to dynamically resolve
> the IP address, only at startup.
>
> This is a minor but still annoying issue, so hence my question whether
> there is a way to not have to restart natd when the www CNAME record
> changes.

	Unfortunetly, no.  However, if you know all of the possible
	CNAMEs you can add them all as redirect statements (kinda blows
	the whole idea but it will work).

	-redirect_port cname1.www:80 80
	-redirect_port cname2.www:80 80
	-redirect_port cname3.www:80 80
	-redirect_port cnameX.www:80 80

Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
 - Don't mind me...I'm just sniffing your packets