Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 1998 15:47:43 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jeremy Shaffner <jer@jorsm.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        gerard <ser@intranet.ca>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Floppy @ ppp help & PS/1 BIOS

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Doug White wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, gerard wrote:
>

> > - PPP doesn't work. My modem is on COM4. At boot after [-c] config, I
> > receive the message saying: sio3 not found. Even at ppp, I receive the
> > message: /dev/cuaa3 not configured.

I had the same problem myself recently (on an old PS/1).  I switched the
jumpers on the modem from COM4 (sio3) to COM1 (sio0) and turned off COM1
in the bios.  It was then picked up during the ISA probe like normal.

Speaking of PS/1's, does anyone know the keystroke combo to enter the
BIOS?  It's a PS/1 Expert 2115.  The only thing on the POST screen is a
memory test so I've no clue even what type of BIOS it has.