Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 1996 14:09:59 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ford Prefect <fordp@interaccess.com>
To:        support@cdrom.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Really Keen Crashes!

I was asked to mail you this one, I'm open to suggestions ideas.

I'm getting the following error:

Fatal trap 1: privileged instruction fault while in kernel mode
   (several other lines, wich probably change depending on when it felt
like crashing)
panic: priviledged instruction fault.

on the Following Machine:

Intel 486DX33  (...slow)
SIS 486 P3 GREEN PC, AMI Win BIOS
Edimax LanPro 2000RA (NE2000 Compatible) Network card)
QD6580W IDE VL card
SONY CDU-55E IDE CDROM
WesternDigital Cavier 420mb drive
8Megs Ram
Mono/Textonly Video

I have used all of the above equipment in anotehr FreeBSD machine with no
problem sans the CDROM and the HDD

I am using the standard kernel that is packaged on Walnut Creeks
CDROM..cause when I can get far enought to compile a new one, it crashes
before it finsihes compiling

anyway, I leave this one for you to ponder.
we've determined its not the network card (popped it out, still crashes)

I'm more than happy to send you any other information I can, just ask away.

in the unlikley event I figure it out myself, I'll mail you a copy back
of what fixed it...

Thanks Much

    -Steve Kacsmark