Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 2001 15:00:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mylex 170 controller ...

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Tom Samplonius wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>

> > okay, is there another card that ppl consider to be a better performer,
> > with the same stability?  stability is my primary concern, else going RAID
> > would be useless, but it would be nice if I could get speed to go with it
> > :)
>
>   Well the new mly patches really put the driver on par now.  However,
> they haven't been committed yet.
>
>   BTW, the Mylex AccelRAID 170 is the lowest end card Mylex makes.  You
> probably want to stay away from it if performance is any concern.
>
> Tom

  To further clarify, Mylex's published stats say:

AccelRAID 170 - 4000 IOPs, 100MB/s sustained
AccelRAID 352 - 7000 IOPs, 200MB/s sustained

  I would imagine that these published numbers are based on upon 100%
cache hits, to ensure that they are not hard drive dependant.  It seems to
be how all the vendors do things.

Tom