Date:      Fri, 12 Feb 1999 16:39:49 -0600 (CST)
From:      Wayne M Barnes <wayne@barnes2.wustl.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   fsck manually

Dear FreeBSD

    can't stat /dev/wd0s1a: No such file or directory
    /dev/wd0s1a: CAN'T CHECK FILE SYSTEM
		 UNEXPECTED INSCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY
    Automatic file system check failed ... help!

    Help is right!  Can someone please tell me how to 'fsck MANUALLY?
Is this in the handbook somewhere?  My system is:

FreeBSD barnes2.wustl.edu 3.1-BETA FreeBSD 3.1-BETA #3: Wed Feb 10 18:56:17 CST 1999
wayne@barnes2.wustl.edu:/usr/src.3.0-stable/sys/compile/GENETHREE  i386

    This happened because of a (careless) power outage as the system
was halting.  Am I totally screwed?

                     - Wayne M. Barnes   wayne@barnes2.wustl.edu