Date:      26 Oct 2001 08:50:01 +0100
From:      Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@ehsrealtime.com>
To:        Andreas Ntaflos <ntaflos.andreas@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fonts in staroffice

Andreas Ntaflos <ntaflos.andreas@gmx.net> writes:

> Have you followed the steps in the FreeBSD-Handbook regarding
> TrueType fonts under XF86-4 (or 3, both work)?
>
> Maybe StarOffice needs the fonts in that specific directory, if so,
> try adding that directory to the font path in /etc/X11/XF86Config
> (don't forget to 'index' them; look into the handbook).
>
> I've always been able to use TTFs within StarOffice, and in fact, it
> should not matter which application is run.
>
> regards

As I said in my original post, I have them working fine under Netscape
and Mozilla, which are the only other font based applications that I
use.

I am not loading fonts using the font path in XF86Config. I am using
the xfontserver.

I have installed webfonts and freefonts and added these to the font
server config, and restarted X.

Before I did this, I could not use TTF fonts (such as arial) in any
applications. After doing this, they work fine in Netscape and
Mozilla. But not staroffice 5.2 :(

--
Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@ehsrealtime.com>

Things fall apart; the center cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world. - Yeats