Date:      Sat, 31 Dec 2005 13:56:51 -0600
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sudo running without a password

--nextPart3823810.NppZfW53Ft

I'm using sudo-1.6.8.12_1 (the most recent version in ports) on my FreeBSD=
=20
6.0-STABLE machine.  I'm having the problem that any command I try to run=20
will execute as root regardless of what I enter for a password.  Example:

$ sudo -k        # To clear the timestamp
$ sudo whoami
Password: <anything I want>
root

In the second stamp, I can give my real password, a fake password, an empty=
=20
string, or ctrl-C - all with the same results.

Here's my sudoers:

#############################3
Defaults:nagios   !syslog
User_Alias      DUMPADMINS =3D kirk
Runas_Alias     DUMPOP =3D operator
Cmnd_Alias      AMANDA =3D \
        /usr/local/sbin/amdump, \
        /usr/local/sbin/amstatus, \
        /usr/local/sbin/amadmin, \
        /usr/local/sbin/amcheck, \
        /usr/local/sbin/amlabel, \
        /usr/local/sbin/amflush, \
        /usr/bin/mt
Cmnd_Alias      NAGIOS_PLUGINS =3D \
        /usr/local/libexec/nagios/check_vinum_wrapper
root            ALL =3D (ALL) ALL
%wheel          ALL =3D (ALL) ALL
nagios          ALL =3D (root) NOPASSWD: NAGIOS_PLUGINS
DUMPADMINS      ALL =3D (DUMPOP) NOPASSWD: AMANDA
cricket         ALL =3D (root) NOPASSWD:/usr/local/sbin/mailerstats.py

I don't see anything in it that looks like it should prompt me for a passwo=
rd,=20
then run with elevated privileges regardless of what I send.  Any ideas?
=2D-=20
Kirk Strauser