Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 2001 10:11:16 -0600
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "The Hermit Hacker" <scrappy@hub.org>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FrontPage port ... publishing to sub-web cause SegFault ...

From: "The Hermit Hacker" <scrappy@hub.org>
> but, when I try to publish to that subweb, I'm getting a SegFault:
>
> [Fri Jan 12 09:24:56 2001] [notice] child pid 79706 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

> If I can get this to work, I have a campus of students to convert
> from using a Novell server for WWW to using a FreeBSD Server ... but it
> loooks like I have this one last hurdle to deal with :(

I believe this is caused by httpd daemon not running as the user that the
suexec program expects.  Normally, suexec is compiled to check that the
httpd daemon is running as the "www" user.

Do you have suexec in /usr/local/sbin?

Did you compile apache13-fp with -DSUEXEC?

If you have a suexec, but didn't compile apache13-fp with -DSUEXEC, then you
will need to recompile apache13-fp as the FrontPage Exts require a patched
SUEXEC program.

Scot