Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2002 09:48:11 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@freebsd-services.com>
To:        "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        "Brian Somers" <brian@freebsd-services.com>, "FBSD Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, brian@freebsd-services.com
Subject:   Re: How to setup dialin to server and them callback orginal dialin caller

> Brian
>
> OK so I leave every thing the way it is but change the incoming section like
> this.
>
> incoming:
>  allow users barbish bob
>  enable pap
>  accept dns
>  set ifaddr 10.0.0.1 10.0.0.74 255.255.255.255
>  set callback cbcp
>  set cbcp
>  set log +cbcp
>  set redial 3 1
>  set device /dev/cuaa2 /dev/cuaa1
>  set speed 115200
>  set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \
>            \"\" AT OK-AT-OK ATE1Q0 OK \\dATDT\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"
>
> Now I need to understand the flow of things.
>
> When the win98 box calls the dialin modem on the FBSD box, getty senses &
> answers the call, makes the connection, tells the winbox it wants pap and
> asks for id/pw, whatever is entered is checked against ppp.secret, at a
> match ppp sees the callback phone number and hangs up the phone. Now the
> modem that just answered the inbound call is free to dial out using the
> callback phone number from ppp.secert. On the winbox when FBSD hung up the
> dial window jumped up and asked if the user wants to dial again. The user
> should just close the dialer window. The modem on the winbox must already
> have the ats=1 turned on for auto answer. FBSD does it's callback and the
> modem on the winbox picks up. FBSD does not request pap logon again or
> anything. The winbox is all ready logged on from the first call in.  If this
> is not how it works then please explain the correct flow of events.
>
> Thanks
>
> Joe

That's essentially it - from the FreeBSD end anyway.  I'm not
familiar with how windows looks in this setup.  I find it odd that
windows asks if you want to dial again.....
--
Brian <brian@freebsd-services.com>                <brian@Awfulhak.org>
      http://www.freebsd-services.com/        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>