Date:      Sun, 30 May 1999 09:22:26 +0200
From:      Lars =?iso-8859-1?Q?K=F6ller?= <lkoeller@cc.fh-lippe.de>
To:        Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami <asami@FreeBSD.org>, lkoeller@cc.fh-lippe.de, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/11888 (was Re: ports/11836: Upgrade of grace port ...)

----------

 > On Sat, 29 May 1999, Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami wrote:
 >
 > #  * LOCAL_LIBRARIES = -lXbae XmClientLibs -lXpm ...
 > #  *
 > #  * I think I understand what you were trying to accomplish,
 > #  * but where does the value of XmClientLibs come from, and
 > #  * shouldn't it look like $(XmClientLibs) or something?
 > #
 > # Handbook anyone? :)
 >
 > Well I realized where it came from, but I didn't see how
 > it was getting set.  I fixed it by adding a
 >
 > 	#include <Motif.impl>
 >
 > in Xbae.tmpl.

With an propper Motif installation, the Motif.tmpl schould be
included in Imake.tmpl ... hell I need 15 minutes to walk trough the
imake jungle :-)

It works the following way:

 In site.def I found

 #ifndef TopLevelProject
 # define TopLevelProject       Motif
 #endif

and in Imake.tmpl

 #ifndef ProjectRulesFile
 # define ProjectRulesFile       Concat3(<,TopLevelProject,.rules>)
 #endif
 #include ProjectRulesFile

so Motif.rules is included from Imake.tmpl.

The site.def File is the one delivered with Motif 2.1

The way it works in older Motif releases was a direct include of
Motif.tmpl and Motif.rules in Imake.tmpl if I remember right.

The normal way should be that there is no source manipulation like

include ....

in the Motif applications! All the ports like xmcd, xmmix compiles
out of the box, even if I didn't use the ports mechanism!

Regards

Lars
--
E-Mail:                                     |  Lars Koeller
  Lars.Koeller@Uni-Bielefeld.DE              |  UNIX Sysadmin