Date:      Sat, 3 Jun 2000 15:45:36 -0500 (GMT+5)
From:      Ahsan Khan <ahsank@one.net.pk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        ahsank@one.net.pk
Subject:   A Bug in Free BSD

Dear BSD Gurus,

		I have finnaly find the reason for reboot of my BSD 4.0.
As i have told you all i am running squid on it and i applied the patch of
gre and recompile the kernal with ipfw support.

	Now after sitting on consol for long time i have found the
problem, My consol has the following message.

Fatal trap 12: page fault in kernel mode
fault virtual address	=0x20
fault code		=supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer	=0x8:0xc01e5d3d
stack pointer		=0x10:0xc0331480
frame pointer		=0x10:0xc033148c
code segment		=base 0x0. limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
			= DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags	= interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process		= Idle
interrupt mask		=
trap number		= 12
panic: page fault

syncing disks... 252 222 162 137 76 54 16
done
uptime: 1h15m21s

So i going back to Linux. or 3.4 BSD. But i do wanna know the problem and
also have a system for testing to remove the probelm. Its ure that the
problem is not in hardware as same is happen ing on other system too.

waiting for reply.

Ahsan Saleem Khan
Sr.System Admin
OneNet (InterNet Division)