Date:      Fri, 20 Dec 2002 17:20:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Francisco Reyes <lists@natserv.com>
To:        FreeBSD SMP <freebsd-smp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Looking for FreeBSD basic SMP info

Got FreeBSD SMP running on a Compaq.
Wondering of any links or basic info on things unique to SMP.
This is the first FreeBSD machine I have configured for SMP.
In particular I would like to read about SMP kernel options.

At http://people.freebsd.org/~fsmp/SMP/getstarted.html there are mentions
to some options which no longer seem to work. If I remember correct the
options not recognized where:
# The number of busses,
defaults to 4:
options NBUS=4
# The number of IO APICs on the motherboard, defaults to 1.
options NAPIC=1
# The total number of INTs provided by the motherboard, defaults to 24:
options NINTR=24

Looking at the archives, I found that others have had the same problem
with those options, but didn't see any replies in the thread.