Date:      Tue, 29 May 2001 09:23:34 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        brian@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG, brian@Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: Unrecognised CBCP packet [strange problems with ppp(8)]

I've had reports of this in the past.  The other end is sending a
``code 5'' packet - something that doesn't appear in the spec :(

ppp(8) just ignores these (emitting a warning), they shouldn't be
causing any problems themselves (even if CBCP is actually being used).

Try enabling IPCP logging.  You may be having a problem at that
level, or alternatively, perhaps the peer thinks you've already got a
connection and is (rudely) dropping the connection because of that.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@[uk.]OpenBSD.org>