Date:      Fri, 13 Apr 2001 03:01:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gianluca Di P <goldragon@pippo.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NOCOL INSTALLATION

FreeBSD has a small problem with starting up programs that don't seem to close all their stdouts, even once redirected (this out of /usr/local/etc/rc.d and /etc/rc.local and the like). I am not quite sure of the details, I just know that things that don't do so seem not to be running by the time init enters the main runlevel. Thus, we have a problem when our nocolsystem reboots.

Anyone else running nocol on freeBSD? How do you start it up?
This is actually moot, because we should all have something to restart it from a crontab when one of the monitors goes down. Its
good to only restart the relevant monitor otherwise we'll get paged with all the existing criticals again.

What do you people use?