Date:      Sun, 15 Oct 2000 04:38:23 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jon Stanley <jstanley@rmrf.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.1.1-RELEASE and Microsoft Intellimouse

I am attempting to use a Microsoft Intellimouse optical (not very
concerned about all five buttons working or anything like that.  Just a
generic mouse would do fine for me right now).  The mouse is very erattic
on the screen to the point that nothing can be accomplished with it.  It
is a USB mouse that is converted to PS/2 with the little adapter thingy
that came with it.  If this is any help it's also going into a Belkin KVM
switch.  When I was running Red Hat (on the same hardware with the same
switch) it worked fine.  So I know that there is something that I am
missing to get this to work.  Any suggestions?

--
kernel panic:  cannot read from /dev/caffeine.

"As if you could kill time without injuring eternity"
  -- Henry David Thoereau