Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 2001 16:33:22 +0200
From:      Nevermind <never@nevermind.kiev.ua>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   package dependencies

Dear Sirs,

I'm thinking about adding to packages the same functionality as ports do, I
mean automatic retrieving all dependencies (pkg_add -r).

I mean that we somehow should know what other packages another packages depends
on. We could do this by adding <pkg_name>.pkgdep which should contain all
dependencies. Also we should be able to have an ability to choose if we want to
build required package from port or also download binary package.

Just an idea, I'm not a volounteer, but I can help to formulate requirements.

--
Alexandr P. Kovalenko	http://nevermind.kiev.ua/
NEVE-RIPE