Date:      Thu, 8 Mar 2001 19:39:11 -0800
From:      "Robert L Sowders" <rsowders@usgs.gov>
To:        <darryl@osborne-ind.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp question

use mget with a wild card
turn the prompt off first
prompt off
mget /pub/FreeBSD/*

"Darryl Hoar" <darryl@osborne-ind.com>
Sent by: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
03/08/2001 09:37 AM
Please respond to darryl

        To:     <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        ftp question

Greetings,
I am trying to use ftp to get a directory and all its files/subdirectorys
in
one
fell swoop.  There are a few hundred files, so doing it one get at a time
isn't
going to fly.

Can this be done from the command line ?  I looked into ports but the
search
didn't turn up much.  This must be a common problem.

(Do I have to tar it to an archive, then ftp the archive and decompress ?)

thanks,
Darryl