Date:      Sat, 13 Dec 2003 21:30:03 +1000
From:      anubis <anubis357@optusnet.com.au>
To:        "Michael L. Hostbaek" <mich@freebsd.org>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing 5.1 on a Proliant 3000

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 04:04 am, Michael L. Hostbaek wrote:
> Hola,
>
> I am trying to install 5.1-RELEASE on an old Compaq Proliant 3000. When
> I boot on the cd, and choose 'default' in the bootloader - I get the
> following error message - followed by a panic:
>
> acpi: bad RSDP checksum (182)
>
> NMI ISA D0, EISA ff
>
> RAM parity error, likely hardware failure.
>
> and the panic.
>
> The server has been running fine for a long time with linux.
> I have tried re-seating the RAM blocks - and I have also succeeded in
> starting a linux installation.
>
> Any ideas ? (Besides getting some new hardware)
>
> /mich

I dont have the answer to your problem but I have the same machine working=
=20
fine under 4.9 and did have it going under 5.1
=46rom memory I might have installed it from the 5.0 install disk and upgra=
ded. =20
I cant remember.

The machine will work with freebsd.  Have you another install disk of anoth=
er=20
version you can try?