Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2001 04:42:50 -0800
From:      Arlus Farnsworth <arlusf@cwnet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   4.4 install question

My system hangs trying to install, one thing I noticed was ex0
recognizes the correct nic (intel pro/10+) but tries to assign it to the
hardware settings for the sound card.
 ex0: <Intel PRO/10+ or compatible adaptor> at port 0x200-0x20f irq5 on
isa0
isa0: too many configs (8) - consistent with the soundblaster awe card
isa slot 1 is the nic and isa slot 2 is the awe64. the nic is set for
irq10 and starts at 0x210. the audio is set for irq 5, dma 1,5.
I did not get a listing for the ex driver to preconfigure... a list of
other possible network drivers, but no ex. what do I need to do to
install the hardware? should I remove the sound card? or compile a
custom kernel? reverse the positions of the isa cards? I'm running a
BH6, only two isa slots.