Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 2001 10:04:21 -0700
From:      "DINKEY,GENE (HP-Loveland,ex1)" <gene_dinkey@hp.com>
To:        "'john d taylor'" <jdtaylor@digitalinksystems.com>, FreeBSD Questions List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Error during make

The nice thing about compiling is that it makes a great memory tester.
Signal 11 in all the experiences I've had is typically bad RAM.  If you can
try removing some (or swapping out) memory from the machine.

Otherwise it could be a problem with the port or a bug in the install.
Usually though you wouldn't see a SIGSEGV until after the program was
compiled and then run (like with gets() and unchecked buffers).

Good luck

Gene Dinkey
Hewlett Packard Customer Care
TCD - PA-RISC based workstations