Date:      Sun, 4 May 2003 16:45:25 +1000
From:      "Matthew Gardiner" <CooCooCaChoo@myrealbox.com>
To:        <freebsd-threads@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Status of KSE and libpthreads

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Mini" <mini@freebsd.org>
To: "Daniel Eischen" <eischen@pcnet1.pcnet.com>
Cc: "Matthew Gardiner" <CooCooCaChoo@myrealbox.com>;
<freebsd-threads@freebsd.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 04, 2003 2:12 AM

> Daniel Eischen [eischen@pcnet1.pcnet.com] wrote :
>
> > On Fri, 2 May 2003, Matthew Gardiner wrote:
> >
> > > I've just had a quick look at the cvs and the kse webpage,
> > > and it appears from what I see on the CVS that the KSE page
> >> is a little out of date.
> >
> > I'll look into updating it.
>
> Dan, since you seem the be the one doing most of the work on
> libpthread right now, I think it would make the most sense if
> you kept the kse page up to date.

Just had a look at the old website and it appears that is has been updated,
awsome!

If any FreeBSD core team are reading this, please push back the 5.2 release
to around Novemeber-December. The current time frame is bloody rediculous.
If libpthread, KSE and a decent amount of SMP aren't done then it makes the
5.x series completely worthless.

Things like the fine graining of components are can done gradually, however,
with that being said, the key "features" that were touted in the 5.x should
be finished such as KSE and libpthread, the SMP can be gradually
implemented.

Matthew Gardiner