Date:      Sun, 2 Jan 2000 18:17:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Karl Denninger <karl@Denninger.Net>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xntpd - VERY old folks, how about updating? :-)

On Sun, 2 Jan 2000, Karl Denninger wrote:

> > If you intend to keep up this "sour grapes" attitude, despite all
> > the helpful answers you have gotten so far, you should consider
> > stopping before you have worn out your welcome.
> >
> > --
> > Poul-Henning Kamp             FreeBSD coreteam member
>
> <profanity censored>
>
> Yes, the "F-word".
>
> You have no ability to determine "my welcome".

Karl, you've now managed to irritate a lot of folks.  Jumping on Steve,
who is normally a huge worker, and totally inoffensive, was really pushing
things, but then jumping on Poul, who is somewhat easier to touch off,
well, you have been just about advertising "I want a fight!", although no
one's really given you much reason for it.

Poul's response was right, you should come back in a few days, when you've
had time to cool off.  No one else really wants to keep the fight going.

Chuck Robey                | Interests include C & Java programming,
New Year's Resolution:  I  | electronics, communications, and
will not sphroxify gullible| signal processing.
people into looking up     | I run picnic.mat.net: FreeBSD-current(i386) and
fictitious words in the    |      jaunt.mat.net : FreeBSD-current(Alpha)|
dictionary.                |