Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2001 19:20:18 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@acadia.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvsup refuse files

On 08/02/01 06:27 PM, Dan Langille sat at the `puter and typed:
> I'm stumped with refuse files.  I'm doing this:
>
> cvsup supfile
>
> where:
>
> $ more supfile
> *default host=localhost
> *default base=/home/dan
> *default release=cvs tag=.
> *default delete use-rel-suffix config
> *default umask=007
> *default preserve
> config
>

> then in /home/dan/sup/config/refuse, I have this:
>
> abc/def.php,v
>
> But each time I cvsup, def.php gets deleted.  It has been removed the
> repository.
>
> Clues please
>
> --
> Dan Langille
> pgpkey - finger dan@unixathome.org | http://unixathome.org/finger.php

Don't you want that to be in /usr/sup?

I have my refuse in /usr/sup/refuse and it looks like this:
$ cat /usr/sup/refuse
src/etc/sendmail/freebsd.mc*
doc/de
doc/de_*
doc/es
doc/es_*
doc/fr
doc/fr_*
doc/ja
doc/ja_*
doc/nl
doc/nl_*
doc/ru
doc/ru_*
doc/zh
doc/zh_*
ports/chinese
ports/french
ports/german
ports/hebrew
ports/japanese
ports/korean
ports/russian
ports/ukrainian
ports/vietnamese

Of course you can't have any comments, and you might want to remove
the ',v' you have there - I know that is how cvs stores it, but I
don't think that is how the refuse file works.  Also, I think the path
is supposed to be relative to /usr

HTH
Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc       leblanc@acadia.ne.mediaone.net
http://acadia.ne.mediaone.net                 ԿԬ

No amount of careful planning will ever replace dumb luck.