Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2000 11:55:12 -0800
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>, Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>, Adrian Chadd <adrian@FreeBSD.ORG>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   "Hi, we're the new core team"

Please let me reassure everybody that we're still alive and discussing
quite a few issues regarding FreeBSD's security policies, the proper
meaning of the MAINTAINER bit, what to do about various 3rd party
resource sites, etc.

In all of that, the act of simply saying "HI!" has kind of slipped
through the cracks through Mike Smith has sent a few prods exploring
whether or not that would be a meaningful gesture or simply a gesture.

In any case, rest assured that core is alive and well and trying to do
good things.  If our saying "Hi!" will seriously reassure people of
all that then I guess we'll say it.  In the meantime, you can take my
hello as the first sign of life. :)

- Jordan